Wright’s Marina Ltd. Clean Marina Tenant Policy
I have read and agree with the intent of Wright’s Marina Clean Marine Policy. I am aware that the marina is adopting Clean Marine Practices throughout the facility. I will make every effort to comply with those practices where possible and help the marina to protect our natural resources.
As the owner of (a cottage or boat) , and as a tenant of Wright’s Marina Limited, I confirm that I am familiar with and that I fully agree with the intent of the Clean Marine Policy. Our entire Clean Marine Practices Handbook is available for reading in the Store.
Basically, in becoming (or being) a tenant, I commit my guests, my crew and myself:
- To keep all recyclables and garbage of any kind on board the boat until we are able to place it in the shore bins.
- To separate appropriate recyclables, compress them, and place them (not bagged) in the Recycling container. To deposit the CLEAR garbage bags of household waste ONLY into the Bear Proof Bins. New BynKey waste management regulations mean the Marina is NO longer able to process any refuse such as building product waste, paint cans, scrap metal.
- To take separated hazardous wastes, including used oils, old unusable fuel, empty dry paint cans, small batteries, and dispose of such wastes at my municipal household hazardous waste collection site.
- To take all necessary steps to avoid spilling fuel, oil or any chemicals or cleaners whatsoever into the water or ground; to refrain from pumping oil contaminated bilge water overboard; to use a bilge sock or boom; and to be guided by instructions from the attendant at the gas and/or pump out dock. Please note – Insurance regulations prohibit the filling of marina fuel tanks from portable gerry cans within the Marina boundaries.
- To carry out any repair work on the boat in designated areas only, taking precautions required by the Marina to avoid leaving any debris, litter or liquid contaminants on the ground.
- To use the onshore washroom facilities whenever practical when the boat is at the dock, and to try to avoid pumping gray water overboard when at dock in the marina.
- To NEVER discharge raw sewage from the black water holding tanks to anywhere other than an approved pump out facility.
- To use environmentally friendly products whenever and wherever possible.
- To operate my boat in a safe and considerate manner at all times and to operate the engines only when necessary; to avoid creating a WAKE when entering or leaving the marina dock area and to travel by other docks/close shoreline with a low non-disruptive wake; to avoid causing a nuisance to all others using the marina facilities.
- To always show respect for the environment and fish, birds, animals and all creatures that share it with us.
- To promote CLEAN MARINE practices at all times.