Wright’s Marina Limited is committed to reducing and preventing water, air, and land pollution from recreational boating activities on Georgian Bay. We are striving to improve service and education to boaters & cottagers so they may adopt our mission as their own.
WRIGHT’S MARINA CLEAN MARINE POLICY
1) This marina understands and recognizes the vital importance of maintaining a clean natural environment as being fundamental to its activities.
2) In accepting and adopting the best management principles and operating practices that are appropriate to its operation, our marina commits itself to the best of its ability to:
- Eliminate the release of contaminants to the water column, both directly and indirectly.
- Minimize the release of pollutants to the atmosphere.
- Avoid contamination to the ground.
- Adopt the three R‘s – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle strategy.
- Optimize energy and water conservation.
- Promote good environmental practices to all parties.
- Abide by, and where possible, exceed all relevant legislation.
3) Our marina management will introduce sound environmental practices into every aspect of our operations. We will attempt to train our employees to understand and implement these practices. We will provide the resources that are needed to fulfill this policy.
4) The philosophy of this policy will be integrated into our contract between the marina and our customers.
5) All suppliers will be made aware of the intent of this policy and will be encouraged to adopt the same good practices where appropriate.
6) Our marina also commits itself to an ongoing program of self evaluation. We will strive to continually improve our environmental performance in the light of future developments in marine management techniques and product availability.
2014 Clean Marine Diamond Rating
2010 Green Marina Canadian Safe Boating Award
Karrie and Graham Lacey